Inbound Error Messages Fix | @ 1-855-785-2511
Inbound Error Messages Fix @ 1-855-785-2511
Most of the inbound sender encounter are in rejected connected connection. Here we will discuss inbound error message that indicates a problem with the message being sent. Some of this error is as follows.
- 550 5.1.1 – Invalid mailbox: RECIPIENT@SOMETHING.RR.COM- this means that the email address of the recipient does not exist or the recipient email account is not an active account.
- 552 5.3.4 – Message too large; message rejected. You are trying to send a message which is larger than the limit. Roadrunner limits inbound message to 30 MB.
- 554 Virus detected.
- 550 5.7.1 – Message rejected; message contains the virus.
- 554 5.7.1 – Null sender with multiple recipients not allowed here– Roadrunner accept message from the null sender (e., MAIL FROM <>) but there is a limit of one recipient for such messages and it will block to send a message to other. This type of massage is considered as spam or contain virus or malware so it blocks till your computer clean up. DNS messages are sending in response to the other massage and such message can only have one sender and can only have one recipient.
- 553 5.1.2 – Recipient address not local. relaying denied
- 421 4.3.2 – Connection refused. Server is busy, please try back later
- 451 4.3.2 – Internal error
- 451 4.3.0 – Internal error
NOTE: If your messaging or emailing system is the encounter with any of the above message please do not ignore but the best is take immediate action.
Our support number (roadrunner support) Call @ 1-855-785-2511