Enable Disable Local Mail Domain
Enable Disable Local Mail Domain, When a domain is added within Plesk or CPanel, a mail service is automatically created. If a mail service is active for the receiving domain, any messages sent between (mt) Media Temple hosted services will attempt to deliver locally on your DV. If you plan on having the email hosted through a separate service elsewhere (i.e. Google Apps for Work), this can cause delivery errors. For that reason, you have the ability to disable mail at the domain level as shown below.
Enable Disable Local Mail Domain With Roadrunner
You may only diasble/enable mail for the entire subscription. If you want to reserve this option on a per domain basis, we suggest you add your domain as a separate subscription. For detailed instructions, please see: Add new domain with Enable Disable Local Mail Domain.
- Log into the Plesk Control Panel for your domain.
- Click on the Mail tab at the top.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Under Mail settings, check or un-check the box to activate or de-activate mail services for your domain. Then click OK at the bottom to save. Enable Disable Local Mail Domain @ +1-855-785-2511.
Instructions for CPanel
- Log into the WHM.
- Click on DNS Functions from the menu on the left.
- Click on the Edit MX Entry in the DNS Functions section.
- Choose the domain you wish to disable local mail for and click Edit.
- In this section, select Remote Mail Exchanger in the Email Routing section and click Save.
- Local mail will now be disabled for this domain.